Watch our video to learn more
The death of a loved one is a painful, and often overwhelming, experience at any age. Amidst coping with your own grief, you may be faced with talking to your child about death and dying, and might find that you struggle with the question, "Should my child attend the funeral?"
Below you'll find downloadable educational documents about how children grieve, as well as activities for children. You'll also find downloadable resources with exercises that are designed for children. These resources were created by The National Alliance for Grieving Children and The Funeral Service Foundation, two of the most respected and experienced organizations that focus on helping children cope with their grief.
- Youth & Funerals - Education about how children grieve and the importance funerals & memorialization play in the lives of youth.
- Los Jóvenes y Los Funerales - Comprensión del papel tan importante que tienen los funerales y la conmemoración en la vida de los jóvenes
- Holiday Toolkit - Supporting Grieving Children during the holiday season
- Coloring Sheet - Everyday Heroes
- Be an Everyday Hero - Activity sheet for children with answer key